Have you ever wanted to be an adventurer and explore really cool places in the city?
Would you like to go to the tops of tall buildings, row boats in the Boston Harbor, explore secret spaces, learn about Boston’s amazing history, build things with your hands and have the freedom to roam around? Would you like lots of time for free play and to decide the activities you like to do?
Then Boston Explorers just might be the camp for you.
Boston Explorers is a unique summer camp where kids work with their hands at woodworking, photography, art, cooking and more. We also go on exciting explorations in the city, like to the Boston Harbor Islands and other cool places. And our campers say we have the best food for lunch and snack!
SUMMER IN THE CITY
What We’ll Do & Where We’ll Go
- Swim and do water activities around the city
- Eat really good food that we make ourselves (cooking on a grill, making ice cream and smoothies)
- Have two days of adventure and fun on the Boston Harbor Islands
- Get time for free play, games and activities (that kids choose, not adults)
- Go on cool adventures and explore Boston (tops of buildings, secret spaces, and nature in the city)
- Explore some of Boston’s amazing historic neighborhoods
- Go on urban scavenger hunts
- Use hammers, saws and wood burning tools to build projects
- Work on special projects involving photography, art and iPads
- Row in boats in the Boston Harbor or on the Charles River
- Returning Explorers (ages 13-15) will have an opportunity for an overnight camping trip on Boston Harbor Islands
Check out some of the places we’ll visit:
- Discover Roxbury
- Museum of African American History
- The Freedom Trail
- Boston Harbor Islands
- Hull Life Saving Museum
- Eliot School of Fine & Applied Arts, Jamaica Plain
Everything Boston Explorers do is accessible on foot or by train (the T).